Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yes!!

I got to run today! Early this morning, my husband returned from Vietnam! It's been a good day! I completed Day Two of Week Two training. I covered more ground (about 2.4 miles) than I did on Day One of Week Two training, so I must have run faster. I know I felt a little better and didn't struggle as much as I did on Wednesday. It was early and cool, so I was comfortable through most of the run. The last interval 90 second run was tough. I was getting tired and I was running uphill! But I did it and I feel great. Day Three should be on Monday when I return to Iroquois Point (so far my favorite place to run). Yes! Still on track!

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

Karen,

I've been following your blog for a little while and I'm feeling motivated now. :) I use to run cross country in high school and my PR was 21:45 for a 5k... well now 4 years later my PR is 29:39 for a 5k, so sad, lol.

So my questions are... where do you get the podcasts? Are they free? Is there any other info I should know that is helpful?

I want to get as good as I use to be and I just need a little motivation. It was easier when I had a coach chewing me out for missing a practice, lol.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the great work... I'm cheering for ya! :D

-Jacquie
(aka jacquie_best from HMW)

Karen said...

Thanks Jacquie!

I got the podcasts on iTunes. You can also download them from Robert Ullrey's website. The link to his site is in my blog. In iTunes, search for Robert Ullrey. They are totally free! It couldn't be any simpler. He trains you with intervals gradually building you up to longer distances. You just listen to the Podcast and walk and run when he tells you to! It's an easy training plan to follow. The running isn't so easy (at least for me), but he makes it easy to follow.

Are you already running 5Ks? This helps build you up to a 5K. Check out the other link on my blog to see other training plans on www.coolrunning.com. Maybe there would be another choice for improving your 5K time.

Good luck and thanks for the vote of confidence!

Karen