Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Week Two - Day One

Today I ran Day One of the Week Two program. Something new! This week brings a 5 min warm up walk, 6 intervals - 90 sec running/2 mins walking, and a 5 min cool down. First of all, I like the idea of less intervals. I thought it was easier ... until I hit half way. I did really well for the first 3 intervals. Interval 4 & 5 where challenging. I really had to focus on my breathing and my form. By interval 6, I was very short of breath and felt like I was shuffling along just to get through it. Hoping by Day Three I'll have improved that some. Didn't help that I was back to the crappy Fort Weaver Road run. Traffic, construction, and portapotties ... definately not inspiring! This may be a week I might have to extend until I feel comfortable. We'll see how it goes!

It might be helpful to extend just to get to a point where I'm running my first day of the week on Mondays. I started this program on a Wednesday, so I run Wednesday, Friday and Monday. I don't like that lag over the weekend. I really wanted to run Sunday, but couldn't with the boys home. I'd love to get on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule and then fit in an extra run on the weekend when the husband gets home.

No comments: