Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yes, that was me lying by the side of the road

This week was AWFUL! AWFUL! Last Sunday (the day after my last run), I got really sick with a horrible head cold ... sore throat, congestion, fever .... the whole thing. It took me all week to feel normal again, so I didn't run at all. This is so typical of me. Something like this happens and then I can't get back to the exercise routine. I MADE myself go out and run this morning before church. I was at the end of Week Two training when I got sick, so I decided to repeat that today. After the first 2 intervals, I knew it was going to be bad. My breathing was labored and that made my throat hurt. It had rained this morning and it was so humid out. By my last interval I was struggling. Worse than any other run I've done so far. I guess I shouldn't be surprised after a whole week of not running, but I was really disappointed. I hated it today. Really hated it. By the time I finished the last interval, I was very overheated. I felt very dizzy, my fingers were tingling and then I started losing peripheral vision. Well, I've fainted enough times in my life to know what that means. I found a shady spot and sat down trying to regain my composure. I felt like throwing up. I wasn't sure I'd make it the short walk down the block to my house. I had to lay back in the grass and wait until the nausea and dizziness passed. I was still shaky when I got back to the house. It was awful. I'm not looking forward to the next run. I guess I'll continue with Week Two for the rest of the week. I'm a whole week behind now! Ughhhhhh! Not a good week.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think it's great that you're sticking with this, and even after not feeling well you went out and "MADE" yourself run. Woman, I wish I had your self-discipline!