Monday, August 25, 2008

Week Three - Day One Training

Today was the start of Week Three training for me. This week's training consists of 90 sec run/90sec walk followed by 3 min run/3 min walk. Both intervals are then repeated. Three minutes is the longest run in the training so far. I have to say that I LOVE this training. Because the intervals are longer, there are less of them. It seemed to go by so fast! I was also pleasantly surprised that I handled 3 mins of running rather easily.

I have discovered though that it is NOT a good idea to eat Taco Bell for lunch and then run 3 hours later. I've also discovered that energy drinks prior to running are not a good idea either (at least not for me). Oh my, my belly did not feel good during this run. And if I could ask that all residents in Ewa by Gentry in the block near the school not cook gross, greasy food with their windows open when I'm running, I would really appreciate it. It's not too much to ask is it? That smell combined with the Taco Bell sitting in my belly really didn't make for a very pleasant experience.

I've decided that I need new running shoes. I swear my shoes are probably 6 years old (which goes to show you how much they've been used.) I was waiting to see if I'd really stick with this before spending money on running shoes. It's going well and I'm still sticking with it, so new shoes it is! Now to decide on where to go to get properly fitted and what to buy. I've always run in Nike, but not sure they're the best for me. How do you know?

No comments: