Monday, August 18, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Even though I just ran yesterday, I decided today would be a good day to run too. I wasn't looking foward to it (given yesterday's disaster), but I knew I had to get back out there and prove to myself that I can do this. I ran at Iroquois Point around the lagoon (which I love) and it went so well! I felt absolutely great afterwards. I worked really hard to keep my breathing under control and probably paced myself better.

I've decided these key things made the difference from yesterday:

1. Today was an early morning run (7:20am) and much cooler.
2. I ate an energy bar and drank water over an hour before I ran (I didn't eat or drink anything before I ran yesterday.)
3. I ran on a scenic, flat running path (yesterday was on hilly, noisy, messy Fort Weaver Rd.)

I think those three things made the difference for a successful run today. I'm going to stick with the Week Two training for the rest of this week. I want to be confident and comfortable with this week's training before I move on to Week Three. It will set my training back, but I think I'll be more successful at this pace.

2 comments:

Karina said...

hey just stopping by to say hi, I pop in here now and then. IM trying to get back into running myself after having sara a year ago. Keep up the good work.

Karen said...

Thanks Karina! You should try this podcast, it's awesome! Good luck to you!