Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Still on track this week (Week Two training Day 5?)

I'm continuing with Week Two training after my illness last week. Before I got sick, I had completed day 1 & 2 of Week Two training. Then I didn't run for 7 days, so I'm finishing this week with Week Two training. I ran Sunday, Monday and now again today! Today I ran a new route around the block near the boys' school. It's flat and easy and I know the distance for it (as we ran the Steve Favela race there in November.) The run went great, but I don't think I ran very far. Maybe two miles? But I guess at this point I should just be concerned with completing the intervals and not worrying about how far I got.

I noticed on this run how many LITTLE things annoy me when I'm running ... smokers at the bus stop, my iPod headphone cord, a little rock or something in my shoe, being held up at the crosswalk, a plane flying overhead and drowning out my podcast (and gosh doesn't that happen like every 10 mins in Hawaii), the tightness of my shoelaces, stress incontinence (TMI I know, but very annoying), the sun in my eyes, my stupid watch that is 10 mins fast and on and on. Gosh I'm a whiner! But truly, what else is there to think about while you're running!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of these are reasons that I am a TRAIL runner. You have to focus on every rock, stump, root, spider web or you may take a serious tumble. No time to worry about any of the disturbances you mention...

I am proud of you though!!